Dr. Yury Zhauniarovich
Connect with me
Personal website: http://zhauniarovich.com
Research Focus at QCRI
Yury Zhauniarovich's research interests include the design, implementation and evaluation of security enhancements of mobile operating systems, runtime security, smartphone applications security and mobile malware.
In addition to that, he is also interested in applying machine learning techniques to security-related problems, e.g., user authentication, detection of malicious domains and analysis of the amplification DDoS attacks.
At QCRI, he is mainly involved in two projects: QaCIP and MADA. The aim of the former is to build a scalable cyber-intelligence platform. The focus of the latter is detection of the domains involved in malicious activities.
Yury is a Postdoctoral Researcher QCRI's Cyber Security Group.
In 2014-2015, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Trento's Security Research Group.
From 2007 till 2009, he worked in Itransition, the third biggest IT company in Belarus.
Also, during his MSc studies he served as a part-time software engineer at the university.
Professional Associations and Awards
Yury received his PhD degree (supported by a full scholarship from the University of Trento) in Information and Communication Technology from the University of Trento, Italy in April, 2014.
In 2007, he received his MSc degree in Computer Science from the Belarusian State University (Belarus).
- Yury Zhauniarovich and Olga Gadyatskaya. "Small Changes, Big Changes: An Updated View on the Android Permission System". In Proceedings of 19th International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses, pages 346–367, 2016.
- Michael Aupetit, Yury Zhauniarovich, Giorgos Vasiliadis, Marc Dacier, and Yazan Boshmaf. "Visualization of Actionable Knowledge to Mitigate DRDoS Attacks". In Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE Symposium on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec), pages 1–8, 2016.
- Yury Zhauniarovich, Maqsood Ahmad, Olga Gadyatskaya, Bruno Crispo, and Fabio Massacci. "StaDynA: Addressing the Problem of Dynamic Code Updates in the Security Analysis of Android Applications". In Proceedings of the 5th ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy, pages 37–48, 2015.
- Yury Zhauniarovich, Olga Gadyatskaya, Bruno Crispo, Francesco La Spina, and Ermanno Moser. "FSquaDRA: Fast Detection of Repackaged Applications". In Proceedings of the 28th Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, pages 131–146, 2014
- Yury Zhauniarovich, Giovanni Russello, Mauro Conti, Bruno Crispo, and Earlence Fernandes. "MOSES: Supporting and Enforcing Security Profiles on Smartphones". IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 11(3):211–223, May 2014.